Episode Two Hundred And Twenty Five – March For Science – Perth, WA
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 13:10 — 18.1MB) | Embed
The March For Science is an international phenomenon – a stand for solidarity, for education, for inclusivity and for diversity in the field and for the importance of science to be understood and promoted by not just scientists, but policy makers and the public.
Here are some vox pops and speeches from the rally that was held at the Perth March for Science on the 22nd April, 2017, at Forrest Chase, Perth, Western Australia. Many thanks to all the organisers and the participants.
- MC for the day – Callum Ormonde – UWA Chemistry and Biochemistry – winner of Ig Nobel Prize for Chemistry for partially unboiling an egg
- March for Science organiser Kristin Barry
- Trent Burton of Cosmic Shambles
- Professor Lindy Fitzgerald – neurotrauma specialist
- Professor Phil Bland – planetary scientist
- Toby Brown – Astrophysicist
- Suzy Urbaniak – educator and 2016 Prime Minister’s Prize winner for Excellence in Science
- Peter Derbyshire – zoology
- Professor Lyn Beazley AO
A quick note about supporting the podcasts! Check out https://www.patreon.com/kyliesturgess – and consider becoming a Patreon for these shows. Thanks to RTRFM for their support, especially producer Peter Barr.
Theme songs “Cosgrove” by Pogo, from http://pogomix.net and “Leap Second” by Milton Mermikides, of www.miltonmermikides.com. Additional ambient music from Jukedeck – create your own at jukedeck.com.
This episode is brought to you with thanks to Patreon supporters – they include: Steven, Andrew, Dr T, Paul, Gerry, Josh, Kathy, Linley, Gold, Iggy, Lukas, Finch and Andrew.
Thanks to everyone who contributes and please consider joining to help continue these shows at patreon.com/kyliesturgess.
Please leave positive comments and reviews on iTunes and consider supporting the show via visiting Tokenskeptic.org – and I’d love to get your feedback via firstname.lastname@example.org.